Joseph's Coat Skyspace at Sunset
*please note: the Skyspace will be closed on Friday June 21, 2013
Joseph’s Coat Skyspace is a triumph of technology, engineering and aesthetics. The Skyspace, created by internationally renowned artist James Turrell, is a gathering place for contemplation, and sustained experience.
At sunset, a sophisticated system of LED lights is employed to change the color of the space. In doing so, the artist changes the context in which you view the sky and can radically change your perception of the color of the sky and its spatial relation to you.
As you gaze up at the sky through the 24’ square aperture in the ceiling, you are invited to contemplate light, perception and experience. Daytime or sunset, rain or shine, Joseph's Coat is a unique experience.
Experience Sunset In the Skyscape
- Thursday and Friday evenings
- Yoga mats are encouraged, Dress for outdoor Conditions
- Non-members $5, Ringling Members are Free
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to sunset.
- The program will last one hour.
- Capacity limited to 56 per evening.
- Advance reservations are recommended, call 941.358.3180 or