Joseph's Coat Skyspace at Sunset
Joseph’s Coat is a Skyspace created by internationally renowned artist, James Turrell. The permanent installation is a “gathering place” for contemplation, sustained experience, and conversation. As you gaze up at the sky through the 24’ square aperture in the ceiling, you are invited to contemplate light, perception and experience.
At sunset, a sophisticated system of LED lights is employed to change the color of the space. In doing so, the artist changes the context in which you view the sky and can radically change your perception of the color of the sky and its spatial relation to you. No matter when you enjoy the Skyspace; sunset, during the day, rain or shine, you will have a unique experience.
Experience Sunset In the Skyscape:
- Thursday and Friday evenings
- Non-members $5, Ringling Members are Free
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to sunset.
- Yoga mats are encouraged, Dress for outdoor Conditions
- The program will last one hour.
- Capacity limited to 56 per evening.
- Advance reservations recommended, call 941.358.3180 or