Self-Guided School Tours
The self-guided tour option provides you with the greatest amount of flexibility. Self-guided groups have access to all of the venues at The Ringling: the Museum of Art, including the Searing Wing; the Circus Museum, including the Tibbals Learning Center; Ca’d’Zan and the Bayfront Gardens. You may explore at your own pace and determine what best meets the needs of your students.
Availability of Self-Guided Tours
- Available year round
- Available Tuesday through Saturday
- Reservations must be made 2 weeks prior to your visit
- Tour times: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00
- Free admission for groups of 10 or more
- 2 chaperones are required for every 10 students
Schedule Your Tour
- You may schedule your school tour by submitting the School Tour Reservation Form
- Your reservation is finalized when you receive a confirmation email from our Advanced Sales office.
- If you need to cancel or make changes to an existing reservation, please contact Advance Sales at 941-358-3180.
School Visit Resources - To Make your Visit a Sucess!
Behind Closed Doors Exhibition Guide
This teacher guide will help you lead students through our special exhibition of Spanish Colonial art.
Gallery Worksheet: Learning to See
Follow this step by step approach to analyzing a work of art.
Gallery Worksheet: Creative Colors
Explore the expressive ways that color is used in art.
Gallery Worksheet: Myths & Legends
Look for literary connections between works of art and ancient Greek and Roman myths.
Gallery Worksheet: Animal Safari
Track down some amazing animals in works of art.
Map of The Ringling
A map of The Ringling to help you find your way around our 66 acres.