Tips & Policies
- Come prepared for a variety of weather conditions.
- Complimentary tram service is available to transport visitors around the grounds.
- Please remain on paved surfaces and pedestrian walk ways while navigating the grounds.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please leave bulky items such as backpacks in the car or be prepared to check them with security if needed.
Strollers can be used in all buildings. In the Ca' d’Zan they are only permitted on the first floor. Free strollers are available in each venue on a first-come, first -served basis. Strollers can only be accommodated on our ADA-accessible trams.
Bicycles, Scooters, Skateboards & Roller Blades
Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and rollerblades are not allowed on the estate. Bike racks are located across from the Visitor Pavilion. Other items may be checked at the Visitors Pavilion security office.
Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis in each of the venues. At Ca' d’Zan smaller wheel chairs are provided due to the historic nature of the building. Wheelchairs can be accommodated on our ADA-accessible trams. These trams are equipped with a ramp and an enclosed space so visitors may load their wheelchair onto it safely.
Lost & Found
Please report lost or found articles to the nearest Museum Attendant. Please call 941-359-5721 between 10:00am and 5:00pm to inquire about lost items.
Contact the nearest Museum Attendant or dial Museum Security at 941-359-5722. Our Security Operations Center will respond immediately, and contact outside support if needed.
Souvenir and Personal Photography Policy
Still and video photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use outdoors and in the Museum's galleries that are devoted to the permanent collection. However, still photography and video is not permitted in special exhibitions. The use of flash is prohibited in all galleries. Tripods and monopods are permitted on the grounds, but are not permitted inside the venues. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred or commercially distributed.
- To schedule a private photography session at The Ringling contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To schedule commercial photography, film & video projects at The Ringling please contact email@example.com
You are welcome to use The Ringling as an art-making space, respecting the following guidelines:
- Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted both indoors and outdoors.
- Pens, markers, paints, clay and easels are permitted only on the grounds. They are not permitted in the courtyard, the galleries or inside the venues.
- Please be respectful of other visitors and avoid blocking access to the exhibits or the flow of foot traffic.