It's almost the Fourth of July, which means we all have fireworks on our mind and in our ears.
This brings to mind Ringling International Arts Festival Opening Night this Oct. 15, which will celebrate the opening of the festival with, what else, fireworks. But that is not the reason I am excited for opening night. That would be the performance of Bolero Sarasota.
Get your tickets by clicking here.
My obsession with Dance began at a young age. While my mother recalls my tremendous talent as the only two year old in the ballet class, the home video’s that were taken have recorded a somewhat different tale - that of a young child breaking every dance rule, while in a leotard and pick-tails. My career in dance may have ended when I was five, but my love for movement and music has stuck with me throughout the years. Bolero Sarasota, will allow me the opportunity to become a dancer once again.
Inspired by Maurice Ravel’s iconic score, Bolero is a large-scale choreographic event that will incorporate community members and dancers into a tableau of our city, the beautiful Sarasota. A collaborative process with Artistic Director Larry Keigwin and KEIGWIN + COMPANY allows participants to experience dance and explore their own creativity. Bolero Sarasota will be designed for performers that range in age and level of dance experience. So, you don’t have to be a pro to participate.
If you’re like me and would like to perform in Bolero Sarasota please attend the Open Call on Monday, September 29th at the Longwood Run Gym. On Wednesday October 15th we will perform the celebratory tribute to Sarasota in the Courtyard of the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art.
Tap into your inner dancer and join me for a transformative experience that highlights the importance of dance in our community.
• Monday, September 29th – 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym – Mandatory
• Tuesday, September 30th – 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Wednesday, October 1st - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Friday, October 3rd - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Saturday, October 4th – 12:00pm-4:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Monday, October 6th - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Tuesday, October 7th - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Wednesday, October 8th - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Friday, October 10th - 5:00-8:00pm @ Longwood Run Gym
• Saturday, October 11th – 12:00pm-4:00pm @ The Ringling Museum of Art – Mandatory
• Monday, October 13th -5:00-8:00pm @ The Ringling Museum of Art – Mandatory
• Tuesday, October 14th -5:00-8:00pm @ The Ringling Museum of Art – Mandatory