- 3 hours of CEU credit are available for participants.
- The program includes a lecture, gallery experience & hands-on activity or lesson plan.
- Integration with Florida Standards & Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
- 9:00am to 12:00pm; Check-in begins at 8:30am
- $5.00 Registration fee includes lunch; pre-registration is required
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-359-5700, ext. 3705
May 4 | The Poetry of Painting
In this interactive in-service training for active teachers we will be flipping the classroom and reversing roles! Led by Booker Middle School VPA Creative Writing students, this training will examine the interconnectivity of the visual and literary arts. Artists and authors have been inspired by each other for millennia, creating a rich culture of storytelling and tradition. Students will lead sessions exploring how works of art can be used as part of the language arts curriculum. Students will also facilitate writing poems of our inspired by works in the Museum of Art, and will perform their own original works. This is one in-service training you won’t want to miss!