Guides at The Ringling love to learn and love sharing what they’ve learned with others.
What does a Guide do?
Through tours, conversations, and other activities, Guides make our collections accessible and engaging for the diverse audiences that visit our venues.
Your time, passion, energy, and enthusiasm!
Concerned that you know very little about art, history, or museums in general?
Not to worry! Guides are continuously provided with the most up-to-date information on the collections and current methods of delivering content to our visitors.
What makes an ideal Guide?
Ideal candidates for this volunteer opportunity:
- Share our commitment to ensuring the museum is a welcoming, accessible, and inclusive place for our diverse audiences
- Have solid public speaking skills
- Are flexible, dependable, highly motivated, and a team-player
- Possess excellent customer service skills and problem-solving abilities
- Are experienced at using devices such as computers, tablets, and smart phones for communication and viewing videos, reading materials, and other content
- Are comfortable with standing and walking for extended periods and climbing stairs
Interested in applying?
If you would like to be notified when our next period of Guide recruitment gets underway, please complete our volunteer application.