Photo, Video & Sketching Policies
Souvenir Photography, Video, and Audio Recording Policy
For the comfort of our visitors and volunteers, all photography, video, and audio recording is prohibited in Ca' d'Zan and on all docent-led tours, including tours of Ca' d'Zan, the Museum of Art and the Circus Museum.
Still and video photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use outdoors and in the Museum's galleries that are devoted to the permanent collection. Still photography and video is not permitted in special exhibitions. The use of flash is prohibited in all galleries. Tripods and monopods are permitted on the grounds, but are not permitted inside the venues. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred or commercially distributed. Only visitors who have purchased admission are allowed inside the venues.
Commercial Film & Photography
Filmmakers, videographers and commercial photographers have long realized the creative possibilities of the 66-acre Ringling estate, its classical courtyard, magnificent Bayfront, and many gardens, using them to realize their unique vision. We welcome proposals for commercial filming and photography and are happy to help location scouts pick the best outdoor venue for their needs and assist in making necessary arrangements.
- Prices start at $2000 per day for print and $4000 per day for video & print.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ringling is a popular location for a variety of personal portraiture types including family, engagement, high school senior, sweet sixteen, and others. If you are interested in using The Ringling as a portrait location, please review the fees and policies below.
For more information and scheduling availability call Advance Sales at 941-358-3180.
- A two-hour photography session fee is $200.00 (183.27 plus $12.73 Florida sales tax) All payments are final and non-refundable.
- In the event of inclement weather, you will have one opportunity to reschedule your reservation.
- For questions and to check availability for your photo session, please call 941/359-5700, ext. 1-3180.
- To make a reservation, return the completed Application with payment information. Reservations must be made and fees paid in full at least one week in advance.
- Check in is required on day of reservation. Check in at admissions counter located in the John McKay Visitors Pavilion.
- Photo sessions over the two-hour limit will result in additional fees.
- The two-hour session must start and conclude between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., based on availability.
- Photo sessions are conducted during regular Museum operating hours while other guests are on property and may be in the vicinity of the photo shoot. Applicant will use discretion during photo shoot and will not interrupt or disturb other guests or any event that may be occurring on the Ringling estate.
- No photo session may restrict the use of facilities routinely open to the general public during normal operating hours.
- The Ringling cannot guarantee that scheduled special events, programming, maintenance work, or construction work will not interfere aesthetically, logistically, or physically with the photo session.
- Twenty people maximum are allowed in the photo shoot, excluding the photographer and assistant.
- Photography is permitted only outside on The Ringling grounds and/or in Museum of Art Courtyard. No interior photos are allowed.
- The Ringling has no changing facilities on property ~ please plan accordingly.
- Inappropriate attire, such as lingerie and/or bathing suits, is prohibited. Wearing such attire will result in immediate termination of the photo shoot, with no refund of fees.
- This photography is allowed as non-commercial photography only. Any subsequent publication or commercial usage of the photographs must be requested in writing as The Ringling asserts copyright of certain location images and structures.
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art retains the right to the image(s) noted above, as far as The Ringling retains copyright.
- Responsibility for researching outside copyright falls to the applicant. Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Foundation, Inc., their officers, staff, and agents from all claims resulting from use of this image.
- The applicant will adhere to all rules whether they are posted signage or verbal instructions given by The Ringling Security and staff members. The applicant and their party may not obstruct walkways and/or accessibility ramps.
- The applicant assumes full responsibility for any disturbances and/or damages incurred by all persons in their party. The Ringling reserves the right to ask for a Damage Deposit in advance of granting permission for access to the grounds. In any such case, any damage incurred during the course of this project shall be deducted from the Damage Deposit.
- This two hour session is for photography and videography only. Wedding ceremonies are not allowed unless separately contracted with The Ringling. Performing a ceremony without a contract will result in the immediate termination of the photo shoot with no refund of fees.
You are welcome to use The Ringling as an art-making space, respecting the following guidelines:
- Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted both indoors and outdoors.
- Pens, markers, paints, clay and easels are permitted only on the grounds. They are not permitted in the courtyard, the galleries or inside the venues.
- Please be respectful of other visitors and avoid blocking access to the exhibits or the flow of foot traffic.