Rights and Reproduction
Rights & Reproduction Use of text and image files on The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Website are subject to the following terms of copyright, under the control of all state and federal copyright laws:
- The graphics, photographs, and text from The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Website are copyrighted and redistribution or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission.
- Requests for reproduction and/or redistribution may be submitted online using the application for Right and Reproduction.
General Terms and Conditions for Reproduction Rights
- Requests for photographic material, limited to the Museum's collections and buildings, must be received in writing.
- Applicants must complete the Request for Photographic Materials and Application for Reproduction Rights form and the Permission for Reproduction contract.
- Permission is granted only for one usage in one publication, one edition, and in one language. Additional language editions and subsequent editions will be considered upon receipt of application. The Museum will not grant exclusive reproduction rights for any work in the collection.
- The Museum in its sole discretion reserves the right to deny permission to any applicant whose product is not acceptable to the Museum for any reason, as well as to refuse permission for further applications from a publisher if, in its opinion, acceptable standards of reproduction, care of materials, or professionalism have not been maintained.
- Permission to reproduce is premised and conditioned upon payment of the fees involved prior to publication. Failure to pay the required fees means permission has not been granted. When paid, the invoice, together with completed contract, constitutes official permission for reproduction.
- Fees for photographic materials and usage on the Fee Schedule are subject to change without notice. Transparencies are not sent for consideration or sold outright. • Transparencies are rented on a three (3) month basis and must be returned to the Museum after use. Rental beyond the initial term is charged per month.
- The Museum prohibits duplication of photographic materials sold or rented.
- Reproduction is permitted only from materials supplied by the Museum.
- Slides, negatives, and/or prints may not be made by outside companies or photographers for commercial purposes without the Museum's prior written consent. • Color reproductions require approval of a color proof.