The Ringling is the State Art Museum of Florida and is administered by Florida State University. It features an historic mansion, art museum, circus museum, historic theater, and reference library, situated on 66 acres of bay front property in Sarasota.
The Ringling serves as the legacy of John and Mable Ringling - a place of art, architecture, and circus in an environment that inspires, educates, entertains.
As one of the most extraordinary museums in the world with its unique combination of diverse culture, and fine and performing arts, The Ringling will be a leading museum/university complex with an international reach.
Values we believe in:
Values that define us:
- Be a center of excellence in collections, research, and education.
- Ensure operational excellence while maintaining fiscal integrity and generating capacity.
- Leverage technology to accomplish present and future goals.
- Be a forum for creative ideas and a center for practice and presentation of art and culture.
- Be a visitor-centered museum that provides outstanding experiences for our guests.
- Build The Ringling’s reputation locally, nationally and internationally in concert with FSU