It’s raining out! For visitors to Florida the secret is out: it’s not always sunny in the Sunshine State. The summer is the rainy season, but do not fret. There is still plenty to do in Sarasota when clouds tuck away the sun. Here are ten reasons to make a day of it at The Ringling when it’s pouring.
1. See the largest miniature Circus in the World at the Tibbals Learning Center. The Howard Bros. Circus is the incredible creation of the building’s namesake, Howard Tibbals.
2. Make like Nik Wallenda and Walk the Wire at the Tibbals Learning Center.
3. Continue your exploration of the circus in the original Circus Museum. It holds many treasures including the Wisconsin Car. John and Mable Ringling’s “mansion on wheels.”
4. After seeing the Wisconsin, head down to their actual mansion: the incredible Ca’d’Zan. The 56-room Venetian Gothic residence has many treasures to discover.
5. While under the roof of "the last of the Glided-Age" mansions learn more about John and Mable with a docent led tour.
6. One of the treasures of the self-guided Ca'd'Zan tour is the next item. Imagine if you could transport one of your favorite bars or restaurants into your house. That’s what John did with this tap room. The wealth and tastes of John Ringling are on full display in this unique bar.
7. You don’t have to go to the front entrance of the museum to start your exploration. Stay dry and head over to the Searing Wing of the Museum of Art, which features special exhibitions and a rotating series of displays of works from The Ringling’s vast permanent collections.
8. The Museum of Art holds many treasures including this painting by Diego Velezquez.
9. The Rubens Gallery will always be awe-inspiring.
10. Did you love what you saw? Sit down for a conversation at our coffeehouse. Incredible art should inspire conversations. Be sure to stop by the gift shop on the way out.
How did you stay (relatively- we are in Florida) dry, while going from venue to venue? Thank you tram drivers.