The content (content being images, text, sound and video files, programs and scripts) of this website is copyright © The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art (herein referred to as RMA). All rights expressly reserved. Access to and use of text and image files on RMA Web site are subject to the following terms of copyright, under the control of all state and federal copyright laws:
- Redistribution or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission.
- You may print (but not redistribute) images or information from our Web site for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only. The user assumes all risks of copyright infringement.
See Rights and Reproduction to request permission to reproduce materials
Notice and Takedown Policy: Collections
If you believe that any material on the site infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Registration Department, 5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243. Email: [email protected]. Please include the following information in your notification:
- Identification of the work(s) claimed to have been infringed
- The complete URL where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights holder
- A signed statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a right that is allegedly infringed.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and email address at which you may be contacted.
Copyright and other proprietary rights in material on this site may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, The Ringling. The Museum does not warrant that the use of materials displayed on this site will not infringe on the rights of third parties, such as artists or artists' heirs holding the rights to these works.
It is your responsibility to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions before copying, transmitting, linking, or otherwise making use of protected items beyond that allowed by "fair use," as such term is understood under the United States Copyright Act.
The Ringling may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove, disable and/or terminate access to any material on or linked to or from this site that it suspects to be infringing upon a third party's intellectual property rights or other rights.