The graphics, images, and text from The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art website (ringling.org) are copyrighted and redistribution or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission in accordance with all state and federal copyright laws. Requests for reproduction and/or redistribution may be submitted online using the application for Image Right and Reproduction.
General Terms and Conditions for Reproduction Rights
- Requests for photographic material, limited to the Museum’s collections and buildings, must be received in writing.
- Applicants must complete the Request for Photographic Materials and Application for Reproduction Rights form and the Permission for Reproduction contract.
- Permission is granted only for one usage in one publication, one edition, and in one language. Additional language editions and subsequent editions will be considered upon receipt of application. The Museum will not grant exclusive reproduction rights for any work in the collection.
- The Museum in its sole discretion reserves the right to deny permission to any applicant whose product is not acceptable to the Museum for any reason, as well as to refuse permission for further applications from a publisher if, in its opinion, acceptable standards of reproduction, care of materials, or professionalism have not been maintained.
- Permission to reproduce is premised and conditioned upon payment of the fees involved prior to publication. Failure to pay the required fees means permission has not been granted. When paid, the invoice, together with completed contract, constitutes official permission for reproduction.
- Fees for photographic materials and usage on the Fee Schedule are subject to change without notice. Transparencies are not sent for consideration or sold outright. View the Fee Schedule
- Transparencies are rented on a three (3) month basis and must be returned to the Museum after use. Rental beyond the initial term is charged per month.
- The Museum prohibits duplication of photographic materials sold or rented.
- Reproduction is permitted only from materials supplied by the Museum.
- Slides, negatives, and/or prints may not be made by outside companies or photographers for commercial purposes without the Museum’s prior written consent.
- Color reproductions require approval of a color proof.
How to Make a Request
Requests for reproduction and/or redistribution should be submitted using the following online application.
- You will be contacted by the Registrar’s Office regarding fees and payment information.
- Allow 6 weeks for processing
- If approved, you will be sent a fee quote, including any applicable reproduction fees, and an agreement
- Upon acceptance of fees (refer to Fee Schedule below), The Ringling must receive payment before images are delivered.
- For questions or assistance in completing this form, email [email protected] or call 941-358-2689.
Note: The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art makes no representation that it is the owner of the copyright of the art object depicted in the image materials and assumes no responsibility for any claims by third parties arising out of the use of the image materials. It is the responsibility of the requestor to obtain all other permissions required for use of the requested art object and image materials.
Access to, and use of, text and image files from The Ringling website are subject to the following terms of copyright, under the control of all state and federal copyright laws: The graphics, photographs, and text from The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art website (www.ringling.org) are copyrighted and redistribution or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission. You may print (but not redistribute) images or information from our website for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes only. The user assumes all risks of copyright infringement.