Photo, Video & Sketching Policies
You are welcome to use The Ringling as an art-making space, respecting the following guidelines:
- Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted both indoors and outdoors.
- Pens, markers, paints, clay and easels are permitted only on the grounds. They are not permitted in the courtyard, the galleries or inside the venues.
- Please be respectful of other visitors and avoid blocking access to the exhibits or the flow of foot traffic.
Souvenir Photography, Video, and Audio Recording Policy
For the comfort of our visitors and volunteers, all photography, video, and audio recording is prohibited in Ca' d'Zan and on all docent-led tours, including tours of Ca' d'Zan, the Museum of Art and the Circus Museum.
Still and video photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use outdoors and in the Museum's galleries that are devoted to the permanent collection. Still photography and video is not permitted in special exhibitions. The use of flash is prohibited in all galleries. Tripods and monopods are permitted on the grounds, but are not permitted inside the venues. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred or commercially distributed. Only visitors who have purchased admission are allowed inside the venues.
Commercial Film & Photography
Filmmakers, videographers and commercial photographers have long realized the creative possibilities of the 66-acre Ringling estate, its classical courtyard, magnificent Bayfront, and many gardens, using them to realize their unique vision. We welcome proposals for commercial filming and photography and are happy to help location scouts pick the best outdoor venue for their needs and assist in making necessary arrangements.
- Prices start at $2000 per day for print and $4000 per day for video & print.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ringling is a popular location for a variety of personal portraiture types including family, engagement, high school senior, sweet sixteen, and others. If you are interested in using The Ringling as a portrait location, please review the fees and policies below.
- A two-hour photography session fee is $200.00 (183.27 plus $12.73 Florida sales tax) All payments are final and non-refundable.
- Reservations must be made and fees paid in full at least one week in advance.
- To make a reservation, complete the online application. When the application has been approved, we will call the applicant to collect payment. Payment can be made by credit card or check. Checks should be made payable to: FSU/The Ringling. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Photo shoots are for a maximum of two hours between the hours of 10:00am and 5pm. Dates and time for photography sessions are reserved on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- To make a reservation complete the Application and you will be contacted with payment options by Ringling staff. Reservations must be made and fees paid in full at least one week in advance.
- All visitors, including photographers and their assistants, are required to enter and exit through the Visitor’s Pavilion. The photographer must check in with staff to receive their Photo Shoot pass.
- Photography is permitted outdoors only; no photography is permitted inside any of the Museums or Ca’ d’Zan.
- Photography must not block gateways, pathways, entrances or exits. Do not place equipment where they will block pathways or restrict access for other visitors.
- Walking, standing, placing equipment or taking photographs in planting beds and wooded areas is not permitted at any time.
- Do not pick any flowers. Live plants or flowers (including flower petals) and any other materials that leave residue (including but not limited to rice, glitter, paint and balloons) are not permitted.
- Do not stand, sit, lean or climb on walls, railings, statuary or fountains.
- Do not attach, drape, lean or hang any props, clothing or other items on trees, plants, gates or statuary.
- Applicant will use discretion during the shoot and must not interrupt or disturb other guests or events that may be occurring on the estate.
- The Ringling cannot guarantee that scheduled special events, programming, maintenance work, or construction work will not interfere aesthetically, logistically, or physically with the photo shoot.
- A maximum of one (1) shoulder bag and 1 additional outfit may be brought onto the property. Additional luggage, hand trucks or other wheeled carts are permitted based on Ringling Approval.
- The Ringling reserves the right to remove from the premises any person behaving in a manner considered potentially harmful or detrimental to the Ringling and/or to other guests at thephotoshoot.
- In the event of inclement weather, you will have one opportunity to reschedule your reservation if you give at least one-hour notice.
- The permit is for photography only. Wedding ceremonies are not allowed. Performing a ceremony will result in the immediate termination of the shoot with no refund of the fee.
- The Ringling has no changing facilities on property ~ please plan accordingly. Photographers and their party must be fully clothed while on the property, lingerie and/or swim suits are prohibited.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Questions? Call 941-358-3176. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response.