Photo, Video & Sketching Policies
Souvenir Photography, Video, and Audio Recording Policy
For the comfort of our visitors and volunteers, all photography, video, and audio recording is prohibited in Ca' d'Zan and on all docent-led tours, including tours of Ca' d'Zan, the Museum of Art and the Circus Museum.
Still and video photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use outdoors and in the Museum's galleries that are devoted to the permanent collection. Still photography and video is not permitted in special exhibitions. The use of flash is prohibited in all galleries. Tripods and monopods are permitted on the grounds, but are not permitted inside the venues. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred or commercially distributed. Only visitors who have purchased admission are allowed inside the venues.
Commercial Film & Photography
Filmmakers, videographers and commercial photographers have long realized the creative possibilities of the 66-acre Ringling estate, its classical courtyard, magnificent Bayfront, and many gardens, using them to realize their unique vision. We welcome proposals for commercial filming and photography and are happy to help location scouts pick the best outdoor venue for their needs and assist in making necessary arrangements.
- Prices start at $2000 per day for print and $4000 per day for video & print.
- For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Ringling is a popular location for a variety of personal portraiture types including family, engagement, high school senior, sweet sixteen, and others. You may schedule a photo-shoot at The Ringling for personal, non-commercial photography. Please review the fees and policies in advance.
- A two-hour photography session fee is $200.00 (including Florida sales tax) All payments are final and non-refundable.
- Photo-shoots may be scheduled Tuesday through Sunday only, no Mondays.
- Review all photo-shoot polices
- Reservations must be made and fees paid in full at least one week in advance.
- To make a reservation, complete the online application. When the application has been approved, we will call the applicant to collect payment. Payment can be made by credit card or check. Checks should be made payable to: FSU/The Ringling. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Questions? Call 941-358-3180. Please allow up to 2 business days for a response.
You are welcome to use The Ringling as an art-making space, respecting the following guidelines:
- Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted both indoors and outdoors.
- Pens, markers, paints, clay and easels are permitted only on the grounds. They are not permitted in the courtyard, the galleries or inside the venues.
- Please be respectful of other visitors and avoid blocking access to the exhibits or the flow of foot traffic.