The Saturday for Educators Workshop Series is designed to enhance educators’ understanding of The Ringling’s collections and special exhibitions, and provide an opportunity for networking, collaboration, and inspiration. The Ringling offers Saturday for Educators throughout the school year.
- 3 hours of CEU credit are available for participants
- The program includes a lecture, gallery experience & hands-on activity or lesson plan
- Integration with Florida Standards & Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- 9:00am to 1:00pm: Check-in begins at 8:30am
- $5 Registration fee includes lunch; pre-registration is required
2015-16 Program Schedule
SEPTEMBER 19, 2015 | Working with Portraits
The history of art is filled with examples of portraits and self-portraits. In this program, we’ll look at how artists and sitters can send a message through portraiture, and we’ll explore ways to use portraits as a springboard for self-expression through both visual and language arts.
NOVEMBER 7, 2015 | Getting to Know the Bayfront Gardens
Learn more about the diverse flora of The Ringling in this program, which will focus on our 66 acres of grounds and gardens. You’ll get ideas for how to connect The Ringling’s gardens to concepts in science, math, and social studies.
JANUARY 16, 2016 | Samurai: The Way of the Warrior
The rich tradition of Japan’s samurai warriors comes to life in this exhibition of armor, weaponry, and other decorative arts from the collection of the Museo Stibbert in Florence, Italy. This program will delve into samurai history and literature and will present ways to connect the exhibition with standards in social studies and language arts.
FEBRUARY 27, 2016 | Ink, Silk and Gold: Islamic Art from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Discover this fascinatingly diverse collection of art from the Islamic world, and learn how students can explore concepts in history, geography, and visual art as they experience this special exhibition spanning multiple centuries and continents.
MAY 7, 2016 | When I Ran Away with the Circus
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel with the circus? Find out during this special program, co-presented by educators from the Circus Arts Conservatory. You’ll learn about the ins and outs of the circus experience, as well as its connections to math, social studies, physical education, and more.
- Complete the Saturday for Educators Registration Form
- Select the program date(s) that you will be attending
- To finalize your reservation call Advance Sales at 941-358-3180, Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:00pm, Please have your credit card information ready
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-359-5700, ext. 3705
- Register Now