The Saturday for Educators Workshop Series is designed to enhance educators’ understanding of The Ringling’s collections and special exhibitions, and provide an opportunity for networking, collaboration, and inspiration. The Ringling offers Saturday for Educators throughout the school year.
- 3 hours of CEU credit are available for participants
- The program includes a lecture, gallery experience & hands-on activity or lesson plan
- Integration with Florida Standards & Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- 9:00am to 1:00pm: Check-in begins at 8:30am
- $5 Registration fee includes lunch; pre-registration is required
October 28 | Engaging with Aftermath: The Artist as Activist 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Though we admire works of art for their aesthetic qualities and the pleasure they bring us, the visual arts have a long-standing tradition of being the means to address social injustice and send political messages. The photographs in Aftermath, clearly address the pain, loss, and grief endured by soldiers and citizens. Though of our time, these images illustrate the historical and universal suffering created by conflict. This workshop will provide the tools to support classroom investigation and discussion of these global ideas with contemporary works from Aftermath as well as examples from the Old Master collection. Facilitated by Brandi Breslin, Coordinator of Gallery Interpretation and School and Educator Programs, Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Maureen Zaremba, Curator of Education, The Ringling, and Kirk Wang, Artist and Professor of Visual Arts, Eckerd College.
- Complete the Saturday for Educators Registration Form Register Now
- Select the program date(s) that you will be attending
- To finalize your reservation call Advance Sales at 941-358-3180, Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:00pm, Please have your credit card information ready
- Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 941-359-5700, ext. 3705